Thursday, September 25, 2008

Playing CDs on the Tape Record

Our dear friend Grandma Elly let Claire and David borrow her 35 year old Fisher Price record player. They have been playing with it nonstop.

Yesterday, as I was feeding Jacob in the living room and Claire and David were playing with it on the front porch, I heard Claire yell across the street to our neighbor Valerie.

"Miss Valerie! We have a tape record. I put a CD on it and it's a tape record"

Yes. She is a child of her day and age.

I have such fond memories of sitting in front of the huge speakers (on the floor in our living room and about the same height as me) and gazing at Raffi records as I listened to his music (yes, this is where the obsession started).

CDs, MP3 players, ipods, and podcasts are what my kids will remember.

1 comment:

nettie said...

this is great
claires comment made me lol
mom vd