Sunday, February 6, 2011

take apart party

last night we had a demolition party with some friends. we collected as many old/broken electronics that we could find (cameras, fax machine, laptop, toaster, etc).

we let the kids take them all apart. it was awesome.

jon was in his glory. while i was proud of myself for getting screws out and opening up a camera face, jon was creating his own little machines by hooking up batteries, wires, fans, etc. jacob and david loved taking the keys off old keyboards. claire loved making art creations with the pieces she found.

it was cool, and, it was a good step for me in getting past my fear of physics (lest i forget how i didn't understand a thing in my physics class in high school).

1 comment:

Wicker Family said...

My husband first introduced me to the concept that if you take something apart, you might be able to get it back together. He's WAY ahead of me on that learning curve. Sounds like a fun idea!!!