Friday, February 13, 2009

like father... like mother

Grandma Elly put together a Valentine's bag for us and we opened it yesterday. Among other things, she included 5 Kit Kat chocolate bars. I gave Claire and David one to eat yesterday afternoon during tea time.

Here's the difference between my oldest two:

Claire: Oh look (she says as she tears open the wrapper)! There's two chocolate bars here. I'm going to save one for tomorrow.

David: (no response - he's stuffing both bars in his mouth).

Claire: David! Save one of your bars for tomorrow. You want to do that (she's become quite the master of manipulation and can talk her brother into doing almost anything). I'm doing that. Come on David. Save one for tomorrow (she pulls one of the bars out of his mouth).

We put the two pieces of chocolate in a special container and place it on the window sill.

The next morning at breakfast David spies the chocolate.

David: Mom. I need my chocolate.

I give them the chocolate bars after they finish with their granola.

Claire: Look Mom. I'm breaking up my chocolate bar into five little pieces so I can save some of them till later.

David: (no response). Big smile with chocolate all over his lips.

No comments: