Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Let's talk about....God

Claire and I have been trying to have tea time at 3pm on most afternoons. We've established some rituals together, one of which is that we select a topic to talk about as we sip our tea and eat our special treat. I've chosen topics like animals, vacation, birthdays in the past.

Last week Claire wanted to pick the topic. "Let's talk about....(big pause)...God".

She then proceeded to tell me her latest theological musings about God (per her recent VBS teachings I'm assuming).

Me: What should we say about God?
Claire: God loves us and kisses us and hugs us.
Me: How does he do that?
Claire: Mom - do you really not know or are you pretending?
Me: Um...

I'm still trying to figure out how Claire imagines God (who she actually still thinks dresses up as Santa Claus) gives her hugs and kisses.

No comments: