Sunday, March 16, 2008

"If anyone were to ask me what I consider to be the most important feature of parenting, I would say, without hesitation and without wishing to beg the question, simply, enjoyment - enjoy your children. Delight in them, rejoice with them, have good times together, treasure the days of your life that are spent in their company. Days that - although it may not seem so to harried and often worried young parents - are limited...A mother's children are lent to her for a brief time. Children are not a permanent possession" Inside Picture Books - Ellen Handler Spitz

I'm not sure why I needed to read those words. But I did. It's not that I didn't enjoy my kids before I read this, but I think I just didn't keep those thoughts up close to the surface where they belong.
This blog is going to be my record of the delightful, enjoyable moments that I have with my kids.

No comments: