Friday, March 28, 2008

"Mama...can you tell me a story?"

Claire loves, absolutely loves to hear me tell stories about when she was younger.

Here's the list of the most frequently told requested stories:

These are the dramatic ones:
1. When she had a fever and got red spots everywhere (Nana and Papa were visiting, we had just moved into our house, 2004)
2. When she drank the bottle of cough medicine and I had to take her to the ER (2006).
3. When she put a bottle of household cleaner in her mouth and we had to call Poison Control (2004).
4. When she slammed the dining room door on David's finger and we had to take him to the ER (2006).
5. When she fainted when David was getting blood drawn and I didn't know which kid to help...Claire out on the floor, David screaming in my lap and Jacob crying in his carseat (Feb 2008)
6. When she had two ear infections on Christmas Eve (2004).

As you might notice, all these stories involve doctors, hospitals and health. I wonder if she already is showing an interest in the medical field...

These are the less dramatic but nonetheless entertaining ones:
1. When she and I flew on an airplane to be there for when Jabin was born...but he was born 2 weeks late and we missed his birth because we had to fly back.
2. When we visited Nana and Papa and she was awake the entire 8 hour drive there.
3. When we visited Grandma in California (trip 1 before David was born; trip 2 last year)
4. When she cut her hair at Nana and Papa's while Jon and I were on a canoe trip.
5. When she went through her "Dora underwear stage" and took her 12 pairs of Dora underwear with her wherever she went.
6. When her taggie blanket caught fire because I left it on the stove and then started making tea.
7. When her taggie blanket the second caught on fire because I left it on the stove AGAIN.

1 comment:

Wicker Family said...

Ah, Deb! Reading about your stories makes me wonder how we've managed to avoid all ER visits so far:-) With Andrew, I thought for sure we would have a dozen under our belt.
Anika's desire for stories is much more prosaic. Every night after prayers, I tell her a "story" - simply recounting our day -- not very exciting at all. In fact if Daddy is around it pretty consistently puts him to sleep:-)