Monday, April 28, 2008

Claire's first ballet

Last week I took Claire to her first ballet performance, a performance based on Max Lucado's book, You are Special.

Claire wasn't exactly enthralled the whole time. She frequently asked me when it would be over. She told me more than once that she was tired. She also took very seriously her job to distribute peppermints during the performance to her friends (we went with 10 neighbor kids and their moms).

Despite all of this, she was intrigued with the dancers. When one of them danced off the stage, she said in a rather loud voice, "I bet she had to go to the bathroom".

When it was over, we got to meet the dancers outside of the theater. Some of them signed Claire's program. I took pictures. This was where Claire got so excited that all she could do was suck her thumb and gaze adoringly at "the pretty dancers".

No comments: